Do you love Panzer’s?
Do you share our passion for great food and outstanding service?
Are you looking for a new role where you can grow and develop within an ambitious and driven team? We are always looking for passionate, committed team members who would love to join our customer-focused business.
View our opportunities below or apply speculatively for your dream job by sending an email to Elana.Teiman@Panzers.co.uk
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of cakes, pastries and biscuits. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
Panzer’s is a deli, coffee bar, grocer and greengrocer in St John’s Wood, London. The patisserie chef is responsible for making the cakes, biscuits and patisseries sold at the coffee bar as well as celebration cakes and seasonal sweet treats.
Hours/days: 45 hours per week over 5 days
Salary: Very Competitive
Responsibilities and Duties:
We would expect you to:
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation is beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and standards
- Work with head chef to maintain kitchen organisation
- Verify that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Have a good grasp of the English language and to be able to communicate politely
- Actively be able to listen to your fellow team & take instruction
- To be focused on delivering the very best food, time & time again
- To be happy to work at pace & understand how to multi task effectively
- To be able to follow & adhere to our company standards & follow legal guidelines for Food Safety & Health & Safety
qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organisational skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- An ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts
- City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery
- BTEC HND in professional cookery
- Health and safety and food hygiene certificates
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for a role
Applicants must have relevant visas & a good command of the English language.